Monday, March 15, 2010

Quick Trip to Ellijay, GA

Vince & I were going to drive to Ellijay on Friday night, but the lightening, rain, and dead stopped traffic on I-85 changed our minds. We decided to get up really early Saturday morning(6 a.m.) and drive. We got there in about 3 hours and helped his parents move lots of small boxes and rubbermaid storage tubs onto a moving truck. They are building a house in Simpsonville and will close on the house in April. In the meantime, they rented a storage spot near their house and are moving things little by little so it won't be overwhelming in April.

We drove back on Sunday and (thanks to Brian!) were able to get everything unloaded & into the storage building pretty quickly. While we were over there, Vince took us to a pizza place called Frodo's pizza. They have excellent pizza. It will be so nice to have Vince's parents closer than a 3 hours visit.

And like a moron, I didn't take a single picture all weekend. I had lots of oppotunities, but for some reason, never took out my camera. We even saw a tractor trailer whose front end was completely engulfed in 20 foot flames on I-85 (on the opposite side). I kept waiting for a huge explosion as we drove past it. So you'll just have to envision for youself what it might have looked like.

I'm now ready for a weekend to recover from my whirlwind weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Believe me, you didn't want any picture memories of Brian's hair! :)

    ReplyDelete