Saturday, April 24, 2010

1st Anniversary Cake



Late tonight Vince & I ate some of our cake from our wedding. We saved the topper in our freezer for the past year & got to enjoy it tonight. I took it out of the freezer last night to give it time to thaw out. It was really good & tasted remarkably fresh. I'm sure it's in part to Kaye wrapping it in saran wrap & putting it in an air tight Tupperware container. It was vanilla cake with a raspberry center and buttercream icing. I wish we had thought to keep some of the chocolate groom's cake as well.

Earlier today I cleaned up the house. I also cleaned out my desk in the guest room and put several things in containers and other paperwork in the file cabinet. I'm hoping to sell the desk soon. In fact, our neighborhood had a yard sale today so we put a big sign out front about the desk. We had one person stop to look at it, but said it was too big for their space. We will probably post it on Craig's List soon. Vince worked on his car some today while I straightened up the house.

Vince's parents drove over to our house this evening and brought Aunt Marie & Uncle Bobby with them. We all went to Wade's for dinner. Yum! After dinner, we came back to our house & showed them our video from the cruise trip. We had a nice visit with them.

Today was also my cousin Danny's funeral. We did not get to attend since it was in Florida, but we will miss him dearly. His mom & my mom's mom were sisters so he & my mother were 1st cousins. May you rest in peace, Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment