Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend



Vince & I met at the Blu Martini in downtown Greenville on April 15, 2008. We had not been back since then so we decided to go visit the spot that connected us. We were in the 4th booth against the wall during our 6 minutes while speed dating. They've taken out the booth seating and replaced it with a hard wood bench in a u-shape. It was still cool to relive the memories & get pictures.


Downtown Greenville was hosting a band and party when we arrived, but they were 5 minutes from stopping so we sort of missed out on hearing the band. I think we heard one song before they stopped.
A few months ago, we attended an open house for the Drury Inn on Woodruff Road. They gave both Vince & I a free night's stay good through April. We decided to stay Thursday & Good Friday night since I didn't have to go to work Friday (although I did have to work from the hotel some). They gave us an awesome suite. They also had an indoor/outdoor pool, but it had 100 kids in it so we passed on the swimming. I asked one group of 8 girls why they were there. One girl was having a birthday. I never thought about hosting a birthday party at a hotel, but with an indoor/outdoor heated pool, whirlpool, free hot breakfast, and free dinner, it sounded like a pretty good idea. (Only not so much for the rest of the guests staying at the hotel.)




One cool thing about Easter weekend is that Vince & I were married on Easter weekend last year. Also, my friend Suzie gave us a tree to symbolize our growth in marriage. And it's Easter...so that in & of itself is fabulous. We love that we share our anniversary with the savior's resurrection.


I met Suzie for lunch this week at the Olive Garden. She reminded me to take a picture of the tree each year. And April is a great time of year to photo the tree since that is when the pink blossoms are on the tree. Vince figured out the self timer on my camera and set up the tri-pod for our annual picture with the tree. We dressed up for Easter Sunday so I got a few extra shots as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment