Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring Fling coming soon

This weekend is our town's annual Spring Fling. It kicks off Friday night with the bike races in downtown. My company will have a sponsoring tent so we plan on heading downtown to watch the races (& wrecks). The guys go so fast on their bikes around the sharp corners so someone always crashes. We usually miss the crash, but see the bloodied bikers walking around afterward. Two years ago, this was one of the first places I took Vince when we first started dating. He met several of my co-workers back then. We also ate chicken on a stick at the festival the next day (following my one and only mud run competition).

I like seeing all the vendors' booths & what crafts are being sold. The food is always unique and the music is great. I am excited that it's right here in town & it's free (well, not the crafts or food, but the event itself is free).

To gear up for this weekend event, I mowed the grass last night while Vince did the weed-eating. He also worked on his car & did some painting on the rotors and wheels last night.

There are several things in the yard I would like to improve upon, but haven't had the motivation yet to do so. One area is the hill. I would like to put some kind of weed barrier/mulch around the bushes on my hill. It's difficult to mow in & around them. Plus if I mulch around it & make the whole beds a bit bigger, I can plant a few flowers & have even less of a hill to mow. The other area is down at the bottom of the hill along the tree line. I planted 4 berry plants (2 blueberry, blackberry, and muscadine). These are just kind of in with the weeds & need some TLC around that area. The blackberry & muscadine vines also need something to climb on. So I'll be looking for something soon to help perk up that area a bit.

Speaking of gardening, we are hoping to get up to the Biltmore maybe this Sunday after church to see all the blooms going on up there. I wish I had a smidgeon of talent when it comes to gardening as the Biltmore gardeners do.

No comments:

Post a Comment