Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Checklist

I've been making a checklist for the cruise trip we're going on. It will be for 8 days, 7 nights. Luckily, Vince's parents will be house sitting for us so that will be a great relief. So on to the list. I'll have to take dress clothes for the evenings (2 nights of which are formal dinners), shorts for the day, and some layers for the cool areas on the ship, such as the theaters. I'll also need swim suits, cover ups, and my new wet suit. And of course I'll need shoes for all my outfits.

Vince has been helping me think of all the things I'll need for the cruise that I don't normally pack for trips. One of those things is a power strip cord. Each cruise I've been on has small rooms that only have one outlet in them and sometimes it's in an odd area so your curling iron is no where near a mirror when you plug it in. This is a great tool to have on board.

Another item is my small folding step stool. The showers are usually really narrow so you can't bend over & shave your legs & there is nothing to prop them up on. It's a wonderful prop to have in the shower.

Binoculars are also wonderful to have so we can spot sea life & other ships in the distance. We're also taking things such as Ziploc bags, rain slickers, water shoes, suntan lotion, bug repellant, passports, medicine (i.e. Immodium AD & Dramamine), hats, goggles, and more.

One other important item to take is our set of walkie talkies. The boat has no cell coverage on board so if you get separated it's so difficult to find the other party. This will be our first attempt at using them on board so I hope they work out well.

If any of my readers can think of other items that will come in handy, feel free to comment.

1 comment: