
We made it to our first port of call on Tuesday, which was the Cayman Islands. I didn't get to see a lot of the city, but I did have lots of boat tours around Grand Cayman. Our boat dropped anchor and we had to take a tender boat to get to the dock. We shopped around at the stores a bit and collected our first bracelet and charm from Diamonds International. Each of these stores at every port had a charm to collect. We found the tent to stand under for our Pirate excursion. They had tons of tents and people standing around everywhere waiting for different excursions. Our excursion started with a brief walk down the waterway to catch a boat to take us out to the pirate boat. Once we arrived at the pirate boat, we had lots of fun watching the pirates interact with the kids and parents. They took the pirate boat out towards our cruise ship & aimed a cannon at it & yelled at all the people still on board to jump. After the attack, we sailed to a little cove to swim. Vince & I just stayed on the boat & relaxed. We then took the pirate boat back to the boat to get to the dock to get on the boat to get to our boat.


This pirate boat was built in 1930 in Norway. It was a beautiful wooden boat.



We took pictures while the pirates tortured one dad by tieing him to the ship & dousing him with ice water for not taking his daughter to Disney World yet.





We also saw some parasailing while on the pirate boat.

After the excursion, we went back to the boat for lunch, poolside lounging, and eating ice cream. I then worked out on the treadmill for 30 minutes while Vince napped. We had an invitation in our room to a reception for previous cruisers. We went down and had free appetizers (well Vince did as most of them were weird).
They called couples on stage to dance and then to do the electric slide. After the electric slide the cruise director, Wee Jimmy, asked everyone to stay & play a game on stage. He asked us trivia questions about the Carnival cruise lines and we had to pick either A or B answers and walk to the designated side of the stage. I won the whole thing! I totally guessed at all the answers. In fact, one of them was what year was the maiden voyage of one of their ships. One of the answers was 1972, my birth year, so I chose it. I won a picture with the captain & cruise director, dinner for 2 at the steakhouse (normally $30 per person), a bottle of champagne (we shared it with our table mates that night), 20 raffle tickets for the free cruise (we didn't win), and a plastic ship on a stick trophy. Woo hoo!
At dinner, I ate the beef spare ribs & Vince had the salmon. I also tried the chocolate melting cake. Our table consisted of 3 couples: Vince & me, Steve & Debbie, and Joe & Tammy. We really enjoyed eating with them & getting to know them. After dinner we watched a balancing act. Keep in mind we're on a moving ship. He was pretty good. We then ventured down to the lounge to listen to some singing. Our towel that night was the scorpion.








No comments:
Post a Comment