
Buenos Dias! We arrived in Cozumel, Mexico to overcast skies. I think several people might have canceled their beach plans, but our plan was to go shopping for jewelry. And shopping we did! Vince offered to buy me jewelry as my anniversary present so I took him up on the offer. We landed in a port different than the one I had been in before. This port had lots of shops, but the prices seemed a bit high. I did manage to get a pair of turquoise earrings and some Murano glass earrings at one store before we decided to catch a cab and head to downtown Cozumel. Downtown is closer to the port I had docked at before so I knew the layout. We were dropped off several blocks down from the mall so we could haggle with the vendors in the back alleys. The prices this time seemed to start way higher than before so I was a little disappointed in the deals we made. Our haul was really nice, though.
Turquoise earrings
Murano glass earrings
Green stone (fake tourmaline) in silver pendant
Tanzanite pendant
Turquoise bracelet
Silver chain necklace
Vince's new black quartz ring set in silver
Murano glass earrings
Green stone (fake tourmaline) in silver pendant
Tanzanite pendant
Turquoise bracelet
Silver chain necklace
Vince's new black quartz ring set in silver





One of our jewelers.

After that, we had a nice time walking back towards the mall and then got a taxi back to the boat in time for lunch. After lunch, I worked out on the bike for 30 minutes while Vince napped.
For dinner, I had the filet mignon. After dinner, the show was a juggler/comedian. And lo & behold, he picks Vince as his assistant. The first thing he tried to teach Vince was to juggle hankies. Then he tried to teach him a trick by lining quarters up on your arm & catching them in one swipe. When Vince didn't get these tricks, he sent him backstage to collect his prize (another bottle of champagne). However, Vince didn't come back out to his seat. He then called another guy on stage & drew his outline on a big white board. The guy moved away & the juggler then threw real knives at his outline to show he may not have missed him had he been standing there. One knife landed right in his drawn crotch area & another hit his drawn shoulder. He then turned the whole white board around & they had strapped Vince to the back of the board with the knives poking through about 4 inches around his body. It was so cool to watch. (videos added below)





No comments:
Post a Comment