Vince got a call from Uncle Alan this week to ask him if he would like to join him in Atlanta for a car race. He took off Saturday morning to meet Uncle Alan in Atlanta. I decided that I would drive to VA this weekend to see mom, dad & Kim & her family. I left Friday after work and got to Richmond by 8:30pm. Saturday morning, dad & I got up early & drove to Kim's new house (with a breakfast pit stop at Cracker Barrel). Kim & John have gotten all moved in now so I got to see their house now that it is lived in. We took a couple of van loads of things to a local community donation center. Then Kim, Elise & I went to Fredericksburg to run some errands & eat lunch.
We ate ribs at Firebirds. It's a great restaurant & the food is wonderful. I wish we had one here. I wish that about a lot of restaurants (P.F. Chang's, Chili's, The Cheesecake Factory, etc.). Kim let me walk in Wegman's which is a huge, really awesome version of Whole Foods. It's very similar to Whole Foods, but twice as large. The upstairs has many different restaurants to choose from (similar to a food court). The deli, cheese, and other stations were so large. It makes the Ingles near me look so pathetic.
When we got back to Kim's house, John had cooked us a wonderful dinner. He had even bought us a cheesecake. Dad & I got back to mom & dad's around 9:30pm. It was a long day, but nice being able to visit with the niece & nephews.
On Sunday morning, mom, dad & I drove to downtown Richmond to eat brunch. We tried the Strawberry Cafe, but they didn't open until 10am. So then we got lost a little bit & finally found The Black Sheep. It was very eclectic, but good. They had the most unusual food on their menu. I had pork chops & cheesy polenta grits.
I drove back home on Sunday. I missed Vince terribly & couldn't wait to see him. He had gotten home on Sunday morning. I'm glad we can do separate things, but I find myself wishing he was with me all the time - especially when I go a whole weekend without him.
No comments:
Post a Comment