Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lunch at the Fair

My BFF (best friends forever - Kaye) and I went to the Piedmont Interstate Fair for lunch yesterday. It was free to get in from 11am - 2pm. At 4pm, the rides and games start & it costs $7 to get in, plus more money to ride the rides. Since I mostly wanted to go for the food & exhibits, I wanted to go during the free time. It wasn't too crowded & the weather was perfect.


Our first order of business was to look at the displays in the agriculture building. There were lots of food entries & some cute cakes.

They also had a scarecrow contest that had lots of entries with scarecrows made out of recycled items.

Our second order of business was to find the Krispy Kreme hamburger. We looked at every vendor's booth and asked about 5 of them if they knew where it was. It was no where to be found (even though the paper advertised it). So I settled on a frito pie (fritos, chili & cheese) while Kaye got a cheeseburger & fried pickles. After my main course, I had a deep fried Snickers. This would have been fine if I had asked her not to dip it in powdered sugar. Wearing black pants was not the best decision when eating powdered sugar.

The flower building had lots of displays for wedding companies, arts & crafts, and pictures. We thought about going to the petting zoo part, but after getting a whiff of the camels, we changed our mind. Man they stunk.


On our way out of the fair, I picked up a caramel apple with nuts. Kaye got a candied apple & we split a bag of cotton candy. It was such a fun lunch! I hope next year I can find that donut hamburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment