I have finally joined the next generation by upgrading to a smart phone. I stopped in at the Verizon store in the mall last night just to browse & get a feel for what kind of phone I would want next. I have heard a lot about the Droid and the Blackberries. I've tried a couple of peoples' Blackberries (or crackberries as some folks call them). I just never really liked them. I wasn't that comfortable typing on the the little bitty keyboard. And I never could work the little rolling ball that good. It felt awkward to me.
So I decided to check out the Droids and see what all the fuss is about. Wow! I totally liked it as soon as I picked it up. When I say "it" I meant the 5 or 6 different models in the store. They're all very similar, with slight differences. I decided on the LG model since it was the closest to what I was already used to. It has the slide out full keyboard so I don't have to always use the touch screen keyboard.
The guy in the store gave it to me for $100 with a $100 Visa gift card rebate. So it is basically free. He also transferred all my text messages, pictures, and videos for free (it's usually $10). And then he sold me a red case for it for 25% off. I told him that 25% was my work discount on Verizon on-line & he matched it. Sweet. I am now going to be able to access my email, facebook, and the on-line world so easy at any time. I can't wait to use this phone!
No comments:
Post a Comment