Tuesday, March 16, 2010

1st Fondant Cake


In my fondant class tonight, I made my first fondant cake. We had to bake a square cake & ice it with a thin layer of buttercream icing. The first thing we did in class was roll out the fondant after making it pliable. We then covered the cake with the fondant & smoothed it out. Our next step was to make a bow. It was all so much easier than I thought. I don't know why I waited so long to use fondant. Since tomorrow is St. Patrick's day, I did a clover theme to my cake.

Next week we have to do quite a bit with royal icing (my least favorite). Royal icing is stiff and makes the arthritis in my hand and wrist scream. I'm learning lots of techniques and tips in this class. I highly recommend it to anyone.

1 comment: