Saturday, May 1, 2010

Bike Racing & Spring Fling


Last night Vince & I went with Vince's parents downtown to the professional bike racing. We got there as the women bicyclists were 1/2 way through their 50 laps. My work sponsored a tent with free food & drinks so we set up our chairs and grabbed some food before it got gone. They had a Mexican buffet set up and a large cooler of Cokes & water. We had a nice dinner and then moved our chairs down the street so we could see the bikers well.



After the women's race, we watched most of the men's professional race. They were so fast. We didn't see any wrecks, but they said they had a few scuffles on the back loop. We had a great time admiring all the bikers through about 40 laps. We called it a night and headed home.


This morning I went to the church's yard sale. I didn't see much, but decided to drive around all the nice neighborhoods in that area. I found one house for sale that is in the process of being built. It was so perfect! I have no idea how much it is, but I really liked it. If only we were looking to buy a new house in the next few months, but we're not. I hope when we're ready to look that I find a similar house for sale.
After the yard sale & house looking, I ventured downtown again to see the local vendors & their crafts. I started in one of the toy stores downtown that I had not been to yet. It's called Imagination Station. I would have loved this store as a kid. I then looked at a few craft & jewelry booths. I noticed Carolina Cash had a lot of clothes set up as a sidewalk sale. I have lived here for 14 years and never went in this store. It was such a great store. I don't know why it took me so long to walk through it. I bought a few things (really nice for almost nothing). The customer service reminded me so much of the old school department stores where people actually helped you and were so nice.
I did finally stroll through the rest of the vendors booths outside and found a glass pendant for a necklace that I really liked. It's been overcast most of the day so I hope they don't get rained out this afternoon. I think it's been a successful Spring Fling, although I didn't eat any of the food this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment