I am never one for cold water, but somehow the folks at work talked me into getting into a dunking booth to raise money for United Way. The fire department came out to fill it up for us. The water was gross & brown (see first picture). We drained it after they left & found a water reserve on campus to fill it up with clean water (notice how clear it is in the last picture). They even added several huge tubs of warm steaming water for me. I was the 4th one in the water. I hit the water multiple times. Some people were really good at throwing a softball at the target. Other people just hit the target with their hand. It was lots of great fun. When our CFO got ready to get in, they added huge tubs of ice to the water. I'm sooo glad I wasn't in that ice bath.
Vince told me I had to wear my wet suit and I'm glad I did! So now I've gotten two great uses out of it (cave tubing in Belize and a dunking booth). We raised over $600 for such a great cause!
Brian had so much fun, he said :)
ReplyDelete