Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Hobby


At work last week, the chemical division held a silent auction to benefit the United Way. I won several rolls of fabric. The fabric is very unique looking. It's bright, shiny like a plastic kind of leather and very durable. I immediately thought about making some purses out of it. I had no pattern and I think the last time I made a purse I was in 7th grade. In 7th grade, my mom arranged for me to have sewing lessons with another teacher after school. My first project was a small bag/purse.


I made three purses yesterday, each one taking about an hour to make. I already had a roll of white fabric that made an excellent liner. After my first purse, I decided to add an interior pocket and snap to the next purse. They turned out really cute. I used a bright pinkish-red material, bright yellow-orange material, and bright purple material (only it looks blue in the picture). I have quite a bit more fabric left, including a huge roll of bright metallic blue. I may sell these at the booth I set up in November along with my jams & jellies.

No comments:

Post a Comment