Thursday, June 10, 2010

Window Replacement

On the trip to Kim's house in Virginia two weekends ago, I got crack in my window. Right before the exit, I had a small rock hit my windshield on the driver's side, up near the top . I finally got it replaced this past Monday. Larry from Larry & Sons came out to replace my window. I have had several replaced over the last few years, but never watched it. So in case any of you are wondering about the process, I documented Larry while he replaced my window.


First he removed all the rubber strips around the window.

Then he took a blade and cut the black seal.

He then was able to get the window loose to lift out.


He showed me the big crack that ran down the window from the rock starburst.

This was the point where I really hoped no birds were flying overhead.

Larry then put some new caulk all around the window area.

He set the windshield in place on top of the black caulk.

He pushed it down all around the edges to seal it in well.

He then added a bit more caulk to hold in the rubber seals.

The last thing was to affix the rearview mirror. The window came with a piece on it that the mirror slid onto.
It took about 30 minutes & he was done. It was so convenient because he did it all in my work parking lot. The funny thing is that Larry & Sons has 3 sons - ages 12, 14, & 18. So it's really just Larry. He did a great job! Thanks Larry!

No comments:

Post a Comment