Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend - Monday

On Monday, I met most of my family for breakfast at 8am. Vince slept in (and I so wanted to as well). I did not sleep well the whole weekend due to this sinus infection that I started getting on Friday. I am so conjested so I coughed a lot during the night & had to blow my nose quite a bit. I also kept Vince awake. On that appetizing note, let's get back to breakfast. We all met at Shirley's for some home cooking. They even fixed me a boiled egg. Most of the relatives left to drive home after breakfast. Since Vince & I only have a two hour drive, we decided to stay around for a while longer.
Vince helped Uncle Alan work on Uncle Ken's 1981 Corvette. They replaced the battery, changed the oil, and flushed the radiator, and put in a new air filter. Afterwards, Vince got to drive it around the mountain roads.
I helped with some of the laundry (sheets, towels, baby clothes) and took pictures of the twin cousins. Haley & Shelby look so much alike, but I can tell them apart. Haley has darker hair & chubbier cheeks. Shelby had lighter hair & is a bit longer. They both have bright blue eyes. Since I had this sinus infection all weekend (& still have it today), I didn't get too close to the babies.
We arrived home around 7pm. I am still very tired & am so ready to stop being conjested. I did get an antibiotic today so hopefully it will be over very soon. Otherwise, the weekend was so nice. We were able to chat & catch up with many of my relatives from dad's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment