Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lots to do...where to start?

This weekend I have so many different projects I want to get done. I started with chores on Saturday morning and washed clothes, cleaned the bathrooms, washed dishes, mowed the grass, sprayed out entire house for bugs, spread Spectracide anti-bug stuff in the grass, and sprayed my roses that are still getting eaten up by beetles (after I watered them). I also went to two fun things this morning...an estate sale and a garage sale. The estate sale was so crowded. I bet there were 75 people in that house trying to look at everything for sale. The one thing I noticed (& bought) was a 4 drawer filing cabinet.

So Vince has been working on this old filing cabinet I bought off of Craig's List last year. It was a bit rusty & needed a paint job. We've gone through several cans of paint and nothing looks right on it. It was either streaky or the paint rubs off on your hands (even though we used paint for metal). So we were getting very fed up with this filing cabinet. And since I sold my big desk, I needed something to put all my paperwork in. So when I saw this brand new filing cabinet, I immediately purchased it for all of $10. Yes! Now we can toss that monstrosity out the door. And it will make our garage look bigger since it's been 1/2 way blocking the door to get into the house.

Okay, back to the sale. So I bought the filing cabinet & told the lady I needed help getting it to my car. She promptly told me they had no one there to help me & that I needed to find my own help. I asked 2 guys but they were taking forever still looking around. So I finally asked another guy that was getting ready to leave. We got it in my car, but it annoyed me that these people arranged an entire estate sale with big furniture & didn't plan on helping anyone move anything.

I then came home & Vince helped me get it in the house before he left for work (yes, he's working a 1/2 day on a Saturday). It's been a long time since he worked on a weekend, but the guy that normally does is on vacation this week so he volunteered to help out.

I then went to the garage sale that I had seen posted on Craig's List (that's also how I found out about the estate sale). They advertised Wilton cake pans. This sale was way different in that no one was there & he only had about 3 blankets spread out on his grass filled with various items. He had a few retired Wilton pans that were $5 each and some movies for $1. I grabbed a few movies and headed home.

All in all, it's been a productive first 1/2 of my Saturday! Now, on to the projects I wanted to accomplish this weekend: making blackberry jam & sewing purses.

No comments:

Post a Comment