Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunshine & Heat

Ahhh...summer is finally here. I was tired of wearing layers to work. I had to wear a coat in the morning & then by afternoon, it was 80 degrees. I love warm weather and am glad the heat is finally here. I don't however, like the bugs. They seem so much worse this year, probably because of all the rain we got. I think rain makes bugs multiply (the opposite effect of water on the wicked witch). I also spotted 3 brown beetles on my roses this morning. This is not cool. I sprayed them with flower insect spray & it didn't phase them. They are just eating holes in my rose leaves. So I'm officially at war with the insect world now.

Our grass was soooo thick & tall from being rained on all week. It has also looked fuller & greener than ever before. I've been putting all sorts of treatments on it this year & you can really tell now. But the ivy and weeds are thriving at the bottom of the hill. We even have some poison ivy mixed in with this one crazy vine. The crazy vine grows about a foot per day right out of the ground. It has thorns on it that are huge & go right through a glove. Vince got the weedeater out & also pulled a bunch of them from the trees. Those are some nasty vines. And I still hate our hill.


I also have 2 blackberries blooming red right now. They are so little & cute. I hope in the next year or so they really flourish. I don't have any muscadines or blueberries, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment