
Tonight I attended the annual United Way awards ceremony. It was such a nice event. We had it on the 17th floor of the Denny's corporate headquarters high rise in downtown Spartanburg. They had heavy hors d'oeuvres and punch. I was the representative from my company along with our CEO, H.R. director, and 2 other managers. Since I am the campaign coordinator, I went on stage several times to accept the awards; in fact, we received 5 in total. We racked up all the top awards! Our CEO also received the individual Chairman's award. During his acceptance speech, he praised me for all my hard work. It was so nice to be recognized so publicly. The H.R. director helped me carry all the trophies to my car.
I had actually celebrated earlier in the day at work by buying & eating my first ever deep fried Oreos. I had never had a deep fried candy bar, but it was for a good cause (United Way). They were actually pretty good. It wasn't as weird tasting as it looked. I'll have to post pictures of the trophies later (I left my camera USB cord at work).
I had actually celebrated earlier in the day at work by buying & eating my first ever deep fried Oreos. I had never had a deep fried candy bar, but it was for a good cause (United Way). They were actually pretty good. It wasn't as weird tasting as it looked. I'll have to post pictures of the trophies later (I left my camera USB cord at work).
No comments:
Post a Comment