On Saturday evening, Vince & I took our portable grill and some homemade peach ice cream to Jerry & Barbara's for a cookout. I had bought some peaches from Strawberry Hill earlier this week. I realized I had not used my ice cream maker in over 2 or 3 years, but miraculously, it worked okay. I had to stop & stir the ice cream a few times because it kept freezing on the sides of the metal container, but the middle was still runny. It finally became the consistency of mashed potatoes so it was time to put it in the freezer to create a hard freeze on it. We had some great hamburgers and hotdogs along with baked beans, chips, and the ice cream. Yum!
Vince & I bought annual passes in September to Chimney Rock. The eight of us decided to go to Chimney Rock on Sunday. Jenay, Ted, Marshall, and Kathryn had never been. It was really hot, so we did not do many trails (actually we didn't do any trails). We rode the elevator to the top and took some great pictures. A few of us did climb up to the Opera House, and we all checked out the store. I bought Vince & I a souvenir t-shirt.
In this picture, you can see the chimney on the left side and the waterfall on the right side.
Waiting in the cave for the elevator.
Vince, Jerry, Jenay and I climbed to the Opera House.
Around 12:45pm we decided to go eat lunch in the town of Chimney Rock. At 2:10pm, we got our food. This place had lots of potential, but they just didn't quite get it. They made us wait 30 minutes for a table (there were no less than 12 empty tables). Then we waited about 40 minutes for lunch. Most of it was meat & 2 veggies (usually prepared ahead of time). The portions were not very big for the price. I got one small piece of white meat chicken & 2 sides for $10. However, their cakes looked scrumptious. I didn't try one, but they looked fabulous.
I called my dad to wish him a happy Father's Day. They were having a great time in Florida. I'm so blessed to have a wonderful father and father-in-law. I only wish I was able to spend the day with both of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment