This past week from Sunday evening to Thursday evening, I taught the 5 year olds during VBS. I had some great kids in my class & some unique kids as well. I had between 9 & 13 in my class each night. There were 2 other kindergarten classes that had around 15 kids in them. I think I had the best kids, though. We learned 4 Bible verses and 5 different Bible stories. The theme was Saddle Ridge Ranch so we had lots of cowboys & cowgirls. The finale was on Thursday night and the kindergarteners sang 3 songs. I still have some of the songs playing in my head.
I used my mother-in-law's cow bell to signify time to go from one activity to the next. It came in sooo handy. Several times there were 200 kids all in a crowd. I would ring the cow bell and all my kids would come line up right in front of me. I was so glad I had that bell. Thanks Barbara!
It was a fast week. As much as I liked the kids & had a good time, I'm glad it's over. I had 2 - 4 volunteers each night to help me take the kids to the bathroom, guide them to the next location, and help with arts & crafts. I had such a nice time meeting so many new faces that go to my church. It was a great way to get involved & meet new folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment