Sunday, May 23, 2010

Adventure to Virginia

Friday morning I left work early & arrived at the airport at 10:10am in order to catch my flight at 11:11am....only to find out that Atlanta had bad storms and all flights were either delayed 2 hours or cancelled. And another round of storms were expected shortly in Atlanta. So after conferring with the attendant, I elected to drive to Virginia and stay ahead of the rain. I arrived at Kim's house around 7pm Friday evening. She took us to her new house to check out how much painting we would need to do on Saturday. She is going to have a great house!

Saturday morning Dad, Kim & I started painting the bedrooms, den, kitchen, and dining areas in her new house. We painted all day. Kim provided snacks and lunch. We wrapped up around around 3:30pm so we could attend Elise's play. She had several singing & speaking parts in the play, including quoting the Gettysburg Address. She wore lots of stage make-up. She did so great in her performances.





























After the play, we went out to dinner & then I drove to mom & dad's house to visit with mom. It's about an hour & a half from Kim's house. I passed 2 deer and a raccoon that were right beside the road on the way to mom's house. Mom & I went out to breakfast Sunday morning and then I drove home.

Vince was able to get so much done on his car while I was gone. He replaced his rack & pinnion and got his new shocks put in. Thanks to Jerry for helping him & to both he & Barbara for keeping him entertained all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment