Friday, May 7, 2010

Ready to go somewhere

We've been back from our cruise for 3 weeks now. We spent the last two weekends at home so Vince could work on his car. However, I'm really starting to get stir crazy. We went out last Friday night to the bike races downtown & on Sunday night, we ate cheap (yet great) Mexican. The weekend before that, we went out Saturday night with his parents to eat cheap (yet excellent) Wade's. Other than those couple of outings, for 3 weeks straight, I've been cooking at home and staying in every night.

This weekend I really really really want to go to the Biltmore to see the flowers. We didn't get up there this past weekend because it kept calling for rain & Vince was working on his car. Vince is still rebuilding the front end of his car with new shocks, rotors, etc. So I am ready for Vince to take me to the Biltmore & out to eat somewhere really nice. I know it's only been 3 weeks, but it seems like I've been couped up in the house forever. I will be sooo glad when that car is finished! Vince has saved a ton of money by doing all the work himself, so it's been great that he has such great talent with cars.

I have always visited my relatives often all my life. However, this year, we have not seen much of them. It has been a year since I've seen Rachel & the kids. Until I got married, I saw them at least every 3 months & I never missed birthdays - in fact I did all the cakes. Now I'm lucky if I see them on Skype once every three months. I also haven't even stayed at my sister's house in 2 years. And we had to meet my brother in Florida to visit with him this year. Christmas is the last time we visited with my parents & then we had so many people, it was hard to visit with just them. So, this year I'm resolved to visit my family more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment