On Saturday I slept late then did some things around the house. Since I sold my big desk a couple of weeks ago, I needed to organize some of my papers and office supplies. I have a file cabinet that is in the process of being painted. I got all my documents and supplies filed away in the file cabinet. Now we just need a day that doesn't threaten rain so we can finish painting it.
I also bought a garden trellis for my blackberry & muscadine bush to climb on. Before I could put it up, I had a lot of housekeeping to do with all the weeds and grass growing all around the berry vines. I used my hand held hedge clippers to trim out a lot of it & then sprayed weed-be-gone on the remaining weeds. I bought 2 garden trellises, so I formed a tent shape with them & strung up the blackberries on one side & the muscadines on the other side. I'm hoping the birds stay away. We put a black cat statue with marble eyes down beside them. It's supposed to scare the birds away.
Vince got so much work done on his car Saturday. He did tons of painting on several parts.
Saturday evening I went with Vince's parents to the Greenville Greek Festival. We enjoyed some Greek chicken, green beans, potatoes, and a pastry with feta cheese. They had lots of booths with goods for sale and a stage for the dancers. We also toured the chapel.
I came home & did my Insanity workout. It was the same one as day 2, so it wasn't brand new to me, but really hard.
Sunday is rest day for Insanity. Whew! I needed a day of rest. We went to church this morning & then Vince treated me to lunch at Ruby Tuesday. We came home and watched several movies (17 Again, Bad Santa, Dumb & Dumber, and Napoleon Dynamite). And we got several pictures hung today and straightened up the back bedroom. We got a few things done around the house but overall, had a nice relaxing day.
No comments:
Post a Comment