Vince & I had a wonderful weekend in the Smoky Mountains. Friday after work we headed to Cosby, TN to visit with my dad's side of the family. My cousin Brock & his wife Stacey have 4 month old twin girls. We had a fun time meeting the girls for the first time as well as visiting with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Vince's parents also joined us for dinner on Saturday & Sunday nights. They had a hotel in Gatlinburg for the weekend.
On Saturday, we had a cookout at Aunt Linda & Uncle Alan's house. Dad grilled us some hamburgers & hot dogs for lunch. Then a group of the relatives, including Vince, headed out for a guided river rapid experience on a category 4 rapids. I took a before & after picture of the group. They bought the CD of pictures as well so we have some great action shots. I don't like cold water & have done river rapids before so I passed this time.
Uncle Alan, Rachel, Jason, Vince, Brian, Stacey & Brock were the brave adventurers. Jason's daughter Ella didn't go but likes getting her picture taken.


After the river rapids adventure, we all ate a wonderful smoked pork butt that we cooked on the smoker all day. Mmmm good!
No comments:
Post a Comment