My sister called me today to let me know that Nathan got into Governor's School in Virginia. He will go for math, science and technology for 10th - 12th grade (starting next year). He will attend his regular high school for 1/2 days and shuttle over to Governor's School for the other 1/2 of the day. All of his classes will be college level courses so he will be a sophomore (almost junior) in college when he graduates high school in 3 years (at age 16).
I called him to congratulate him tonight. He sounded excited. I asked what it might be like & he said there would be lots of homework. I told him he got his math skills from Kim, his science skills from Billy, and his clutsy-ness from Grandmama. I asked him what has he learned from me. He said he & I were just awesome. At least he knows me well. LOL. It's that quick thinking that probably got him to pass the interview portion of the application to get in. He also had to pass some testing & they look at his SAT/ACT scores (which he was awarded a John Hopkins award for this past year for scoring so high in his grade). So for 13 years old, he's well on his way to something. Maybe he'll grow up & be the master Lego builder he's always dreamed of being.
No comments:
Post a Comment