Yeah! I got to go to the Biltmore today. Vince & his parents & I all went to the Biltmore today to check out the beautiful flowers. It was such a great day to celebrate Mother's Day with Vince's mom. The weather was slightly cool, but sunny so it was perfect to walk around all the gardens at the Biltmore. I really wanted to just look at all the flowers today so we all by-passed the house. This ended up being a great idea since it was really crowded because of Mother's Day. And I was able to capture some pictures of some really beautiful flowers.
No, I didn't really eat this flower....nor could I talk Vince into laying all the way on the yellow carpet of flowers.
Orchids in the hot house.
I don't know what this purple plant is but I like it.
This wine bottle was a water fountain with corks floating in the water. There were three bottles on their side behind this one in another water feature.
After the garden tour, we drove toward the new portion at Biltmore that is now open called Antler Hill. It is right beside the Winery. They had a creamy, bar/restaurant, high end store that sold house wares ($70 for a drinking glass), and a couple of other buildings. We then headed to the Winery and ended our day shopping in the store at the Winery. I bought some Wassil (apple cider spice mix). As we left the Biltmore, we decided to stop at the McDonald's across the street. We saw a special on TV about it sometime ago. They supposedly wait on your table & have a grand piano in it. Well, they don't wait on tables anymore. But they do have a nice fireplace, ceiling, and self-playing grand piano.
No comments:
Post a Comment