Yesterday was the 4th day of my Insanity work out. It was lots of stretching with a little bit of cardio. It reminded me a lot of yoga. But I'll back my day up just a few hours before I did my workout. I met Kaye downtown at Wild Wings for a girls night out. We enjoyed some food and then walked down the street to listen to the band. We noticed some odd sculpture in the square that was some kind of bug right next to a sign that said keep pets off the grass. The band played some good songs. There were tons of people there that were smart enough to bring their fold up chairs. I had to finish decorating cakes, working out, and packing so I left early to head home.
However, I ended up not packing. My dad got sick. He had several dizzy spells over the last week or so and had a really bad one all day on Thursday. In fact he slept for 45 minutes in his office until his co-workers woke him up & drove him to the doctor. Since he could not drive, he couldn't pick me up from the airport when I landed on Friday & drive me to Kim's house an hour and a half away. So I called Kim & we rescheduled the painting party in VA to the next weekend. Hopefully dad will be feeling better by then.
Kim is building a new house in VA & is doing a lot of the work herself. Painting is one of those things. I volunteered to fly up & help her get it done. So next weekend, I'll fly up while Vince has a bachelor weekend.
Tonight I did the 5th day of Insanity. Whew! Just the warm up had me about ready to quit. It was nothing but intense cardio. I had to slow down several times, but I didn't feel so bad when I saw 4 of the folks in the video crawling on the floor to get their water. I may not be as fast as them yet, but I didn't stop or give up through the whole 38 minutes. My skin gets really cold when I work out. I feel hot, but my skin is very cold to the touch. Kind of weird, I know. I also don't sweat much, unless the temperature of the room is really warm. I had the ceiling fan on so I didn't sweat much. I do however get beet red in the face. And I try to drink plenty of water before, during & after the workout. And trust me, in this workout, you will drink a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment