Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Greenville Drive Game for Susan G Komen


Tonight I arrived at the Greenville Drive stadium before the gates opened. My college sorority, ZTA was asked to help pass out pink ribbons & literature about the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. I joined the ZTA Spartanburg Alumnae chapter here in SC. I'm the only ZTA alumna from Tennessee Tech University in the group, but I really like all the girls in the Spartanburg chapter.


Tonight was soooo hot. The temperature in my car said 99 degrees, but the real feel had to be way over 100 degrees. My back was wet from sweat just from walking from my car to the stadium. We got free shirts when we arrived (as well as the 1st 3000 fans). I switched into my new shirt and was able to soak it through in about 15 minutes with sweat. The sun was just brutal. Vince arrived before game time & found our seats. After we ran out of ribbons to pass out, I went to sit & watch the game with him.
After about 4 innings, we left. Vince had a horrible headache & I was just sticky & nasty hot. The sticky was from the Sierra Mist that I poured all over my lap & pants just as I sat down. It did cool me off for a second, but that was not exactly how I wanted to cool off. The upside is that it dried in about 10 minutes from the heat. The Drive players wore pink on their uniforms & they were auctioning the jerseys off at the end of the night to benefit Susan G Komen.
The one job I was so glad NOT to have this evening was the Chick Fil A cow. Whoever was in that costume probably lost about 30 pounds tonight.
Overall, it was nice to be able to promote a wonderful charity. I only wish it wasn't so hot so we could have enjoyed downtown Greenville a bit more. This weather is crazy!

1 comment: