This week has felt soooo long and yet it's a short week for us. I kept debating back & forth on whether to blog about certain events this week and keep coming back to the fact that this is my personal blog and my on-line journal. I love being able to print it out each year in a scrapbook format and look back on all my yearly happenings. Some things are more fun to blog about than others. Some events elicit comments from folks if they can relate, and other events seem to be just between me and my computer. And some events I really don't want any comments (which is why I haven't posted this week's events on Facebook).
Last week Vince & I found out we were expecting our first child. After getting used to the idea for a few days, I started bleeding on Saturday and by Monday, the doctor confirmed that I had miscarried. I didn't even make it to a full 5 weeks. I think the hardest part about the whole event was just not knowing anything until the doctor confirmed things. Last Monday, I took a pregnancy test that was positive. The doctor confirmed it with a blood test last Wednesday. This past Monday, I took a blood test that showed my hCG (pregnancy hormone) level was zero. The good part is that my body returned to zero very quickly so we can try again sooner rather than later and I don't have to have any procedures to remove any excess tissue.
It's kind of strange to talk about because I don't want to be one of those people that just blurts out stuff that makes everyone feel awkward. Okay, well sometimes, I like to blurt stuff out, but in this case, I just didn't feel like talking to anyone about it. I know - that doesn't sound like me at all. I usually talk to anyone about pretty much anything. But this week I didn't feel like talking, I just felt like pouting.
It's been a sad week for me, but Vince has been so great! He brought me flowers on Monday and he makes me laugh all the time. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and family. So for the short week part of this blog, I'm excited about getting out of town and going somewhere this weekend. I can't wait to see all my high school friends from 20 years ago. It will be lots of fun catching up with old friends. Not having to work on Friday is such a nice treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment