Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Plants in August

So usually August is the hottest month of the year. And I have to say that it's been keeping up with that reputation quite well. However, I can't remember it ever being this humid for this many days in a row. It almost sucks the breath out of you when you walk outside...not to mention my sunglasses immediately fog over. The nice thing is that we keep getting lots of rain this summer. Usually it's very dry with no rain in sight. The only bad thing is that it keeps raining on the weekends. Arrggh.

I would like to visit my pool one or two more times before the season is over, but the weekend weather is not helping me achieve this goal. On a positive note, my roses are looking better than they did last month & are starting to bloom again. Also, our grass is turning green again after being a nice brown color during the month of July. But who wants to mow grass when the humidity level makes it feel like 115 degrees outside? Not me. I'm hoping the weather eases off all the thunderstorms & humidity soon.

Speaking of plants in August, I got to visit one of our manufacturing plants yesterday. I was there all day for a class and at the end, we toured the facilities. It was quite warm in the production area. I'm very thankful I have a desk job that has temperature regulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment