Monday, August 30, 2010

Saturday on the Lake



On Saturday morning, Billy, Eddie, Vince & I headed to the lake. Billy & Eddie are members of the Nashville Boat Club. They get to take out any boat they want at any time. We got the red speed boat. It was a lot of fun to go out on this boat (& it was the perfect color!). We sailed out past the dam and the Nashville Shores water park & beach.

In one little area, we saw a dead fish in the water & 3 buzzards in the tree above it. I don't know what they were waiting on, but they just sat in the tree & watched the dead fish. We also saw a couple of hawks circling over the trees. The weather was so perfect. I even ventured into the water, which I never do. I needed to cool off a bit. I still couldn't bring myself to relieve myself in the lake like the others do. I enjoyed laying out on the boat & the fast ride.
We drove up to this rock wall that lots of folks jump from. It's really high. On part of the wall, in red paint, was FLOOD 2010. It was so high up on the rocks, about 2 1/2 times taller than a guy standing in his boat. That means the flood water was about 15 feet higher than the current water level. In this picture, you can see the rock that looks like a natural diving board.
It was such a nice, relaxing day on the lake. We took sandwiches & snacks & really enjoyed the whole day.

No comments:

Post a Comment