I found out that Food Network is taking applications for next year's Next Food Network Star. They're due soon, along with a 3 minute video submission. The application is really long & has some strange questions on it. For example, one of the questions is "If you were an ingredient, what would you be & why?" Vince said I should put sugar since I cook with it all the time. I might have to agree with that. Plus I'm really sweet. Ha! Ha!
I have no idea what kind of video to send in. I don't know if they want someone cooking or playing to the camera or both. I'll need to start thinking of some great script ideas. I have a ton of questions to answer as well. I will have to put a lot of thought into the answers. The time frame would be during January and February 2011.
The first question asks about my food industry experience. I'm not sure if flipping burgers at McDonald's at age 15 is what they're looking for, but that's my industry experience. I need to give them 5 original cooking/food/ingredient tips that teaches them something. I have no idea what tips to give them. So wish me luck in filling out the application so that it catches someone's attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment