Vince & I arrived in Florida on the night before Christmas Eve. It took us about 10 hours to drive down there. Apparantly there were a few wrecks on I-95 so we had to take a few detours to get around it. That set us back about 45 minutes, but overall, we made pretty good time.

The weather was nice on Christmas Eve so the guys started painting and cleaned up the gutters. They also cleaned out the laundry room and painted it a pretty blue color (see the back of John's shirt for the color scheme). The house is really looking great & has come a long way in the last couple of years (new hardwood floors, new paint, new doors, new beds, etc.). It was a bit chilly to swim, but Elise & Grayson managed to talk Uncle Vince into watching them swim for a brief time.
That evening, we all opened Christmas poppers while singing the 12 Days of Christmas. It was lots of fun & everyone got a paper hat in each popper. I set the timer to get this photo of all of us (Aunt Susie, Uncle Hank, Jim, Elise, Kim, Nathan, Vince, Me, Dad, Grayson, Mom, Billy, & John).
On Christmas Eve night, we had a visitor. Luckily, Grayson had put out some reindeer food that evening.
I had made some cookies for Santa that he enjoyed.
Christmas morning came bright and early. We made the kids wait until Aunt Susie, Jim & Uncle Hank arrived around 8:15am. They played with their noise putty that Santa left for them in their beds. It makes fart noises & kept them entertained for quite a while.
We had a great time opening gifts. Vince gave me a beautiful Citizen watch with diamonds on it. I gave him a metal detector. Jim had fun tossing coins in the yard for Vince to find. 
That afternoon, we played bingo with cute little prizes. I'm not sure why Billy is sniffing his underarm in this picture. We used red & green M&Ms for the bingo pieces on some homemade bingo cards that Kim had printed.
It was a fun day. We ate lots of great food, including all the homemade goodies that I baked & brought for us to snack on all week. We heard that Spartanburg got snow on Christmas day. That would have been nice to see, but I'm glad we had some warmer weather in Florida.
No comments:
Post a Comment