Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lots of Butter

Guess who I'll be seeing live, in person, on Saturday? Paula Deen!!!! I love watching her show. I know some folks think she is over dramatizing the southern accent, but she is fun to watch. The best part is that I love to recreate so many of her dishes. She makes real food that I would actually eat.

Saturday is her grand opening of her new restaurant, Paula Deen's Kitchen, in Cherokee, NC. I got 2 tickets last week to go to her live cooking show. The seats are in the balcony to one side. They're not great, but they were almost sold out, so I was lucky to get the ones I did. I called the restaurant to make reservations, but the only ones available were at 5pm, the same exact time as the show. However, the lunch time seating is first come first serve, so I may try to get in for lunch.

My favorite MIL, Barbara, is going with me. I'm not sure if Vince & Jerry will be hanging out in Harrah's casino, or staying home to do manly things, but I know Barbara & I will be having a great time. And I'm sure there will be lots of butter used during her program. Fun y'all!!!

1 comment: