Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sledding & Snowmen


Late this afternoon, Vince & I got back outside to play in the snow/ice. We started by throwing snowballs on the roof to see if the ice sheets would break off & slide down. They didn't. But the snow balls did stick to the roof firmly. We then grabbed a Rubbermaid lid and tried to sled down our really steep hill. No luck. We just broke through some ice and stopped on the snow. The ice was too thick to really get going, it just kept breaking.

We then built two little snowmen on top of the grill. Mine is on the left. Vince's is on the right.

We figured out that the snow was sticking really good under the ice so we built a big snowman. Well, I built it while Vince gave me the snow off of his car while he cleaned it off. It was so fun to build. We then decorated him. I clipped off two thorny rose stems for arms and gave him 2 leaves for eyes. Vince made him an ice hat.

We reevaluated and came up with some better accessories. I gave him 2 Coke Zero caps for eyes (I was fresh out of coal). Vince loaned him a baseball cap & I grabbed a carrot for the nose. He looked so good that 2 of our neighbors walked down just to see him. It was nice to meet some new folks.

We forgot to ask the neighbors if they would take our picture so after they left, Vince grabbed the tripod & we got a couple of pictures with our masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment