Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow....The Aftermath

So five days after a good snow ice storm, our streets still have lots of ice patches on them. Yesterday I saw 3 trucks that are supposed to help clear the ice. One truck was loaded with sand. Yep, here in the south, we use sand. This ensures that all cars will help the economy by paying for a car wash next week. It makes the snow piles a nasty dirty brown and makes your windshield this gross mess.

The other two trucks I saw had scrapers on the front. Ironically, neither one was scraping anything & both of them were on streets with tons of ice still on the road that they casually just drove right over. Um, if you're on the street anyway, why not use the truck you're in & scrape it??? That's our tax dollars at work right there. So both Blackstock Rd (the one near Willis - there are 75 Blackstock Rds in Spartanburg so it can be confusing), and Willis Road still have ice on them even though the scraper trucks came through. Thanks SCDOT! Is there a more accurate name for a scraper truck? Probably. I have no idea what the official name is, but you get my point.

The other thing that I saw twice yesterday was people that were trying to clean off their windshields while driving but their water is aimed straight up in the air so it only cleans off the windshield of the person behind them. Please take this moment to make sure your little water nozzles are aimed at your windshield.

The last comment is for all the lazy folks that don't clean off their car before driving. Just in case you're wondering, a 1/4" thick sheet of ice that flies off the top of your car onto the car behind you is not so funny. A friend of mine said her husband had his windshield cracked due to this. I stayed far behind these lazy people just in case the ice flew off. I saw ice flying off cars 3 times yesterday & it shattered on the interstate right in front of me. So after you're done adjusting your water nozzles, go ahead & scrape off the rest of your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment