
For a quick lunch, we found a great little tapas restaurant at the City Market next to Ellis Square. We had the "ocean view" table. We saw a yellow Ferrari drive by & Vince thought the guy looked like Paula Deen's oldest son, Jamie.
The candy store on River Street was the best one I've seen in a long long time (maybe ever). They were pulling taffy & gave us some free samples.
We really enjoyed the Savannah River Boat tour. I highly recommend it to anyone that visits the city.
Our dinner at the Lady & Sons (Paula Deen's restaurant) was so amazing. I actually had trepidations going into it. In my mind, I was thinking the food would be mediocre and the staff would be stuck up. I was pleasantly surprised that the food was amazing. Everything I ate was good. I even had a bite of greens (which I never eat) and they were good. I only wish I had a bigger stomach. The staff was also great. Our server was so friendly & attentive. He went to the same college as Vince & majored in the same field. We found out that Jamie Deen does drive a yellow Ferrari & was at the restaurant around the same time that we saw him drive by earlier that day.
After our amazing dinner, we went to the Paula Deen store. The manager gave me a 10% discount on a really cool cutting board after I asked him to give me a discount. I also got a signed copy of Paula Deen Christmas cookbook for 30% off. Yes! I am so ready to go back & eat at her restaurant once a week. After dinner, we tried to find the ghost tour that was advertised in one of the magazines. No one would answer the phone so we went to the square to try to find someone at their sales booth. Vince found this motorcycle that has the same engine as his car.
After being completely bummed because the tour booth was closed & no one would answer the phone, we sat in out hotel lobby to ponder what to do next. It was sprinkling rain so we didn't want to just walk around in the rain. When lo & behold!!!!...this man walked in the lobby & asked if we were the ones looking for the ghost tour. Vince & I were stunned. I said Yes!! (and thought, how in the world did this guy know??? No one was at the booth & no one answered the phone). We soon found out he was looking for a different couple, but we quickly booked the tour for 8:30pm. Yeah! Freaky, but yeah! How weird is it that this man appeared right when we were looking for him? We took the tour on this enclosed trolley. I wish it wasn't raining, but I was so happy we found a great tour. They even picked us up at our hotel & dropped us back off there.
He drove us around town and showed us all the most haunted places in town.
We ended up at the Pirate House.
The cellar had lots of ghost stories around it.
The tunnels were closed up years ago. The pirates would drug someone upstairs, then bring them through the tunnels to their ship. By the time the guy woke up, it was too late & he was on his way to being a pirate.
The pirate house was attached to this old house.
We never found any ghosts, but it was a nice city tour.
Before we left on Sunday, I got a pic of view from our room & a pic of our room. I had a wonderful surprise weekend in Savannah! Thanks Vince!
No comments:
Post a Comment