I cooked dinner for Kaye & her friend Michael last night. We had a nice dinner followed by some really cute cake pops. Cake pops are my newest thing. I just bought a magazine from Wilton on how to do them. They turned out really cute. It's basically a cupcake on a stick. You mix a crumbled up cooked cake with the icing and form it into balls, then dip it in melted candy. In the past I have done a John Deere cake for Kaye with a breast cancer ribbon on it, so this year I wanted to make something a little different.
Unfortunately, she will have to wait a few days to share all the cake pops since we got SNOW!!! And I mean snow. This picture was taken when we had about 5 inches of snow.
This picture was when we had 6.5" of snow & it was still coming down.
Vince & I both were able to work from home today & got out to measure the snow a few times. I can't remember the last time I saw 7 - 11 inches of snow here in Spartanburg. We ended up with 7" of snow in most areas and up to 11" in the drift areas (near the car wheels). It's sooo pretty! Everything is like a winter wonderland and quiet. We didn't have hardly any cars driving around today, but we did get our mail (no newspaper, though). Tomorrow is going to be another icy day so I'm praying we can keep our power. Vince has got all of his boy scout gear ready just in case.
I set the camera on Vince's car (after wiping off a lot of snow) and set the timer. It kept slipping due to the wet snow, so the angle kind of went over towards the house instead of the nice snow coated tree on the right of us. But the camera was getting wet so I didn't get a second shot. And you can see all the snow on the left side of the camera where it was sitting. Maybe I'll get a better snow shot of us tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment